Lucas lifts No. 17 Penn State women past UMESSunday, Dec 11, 2011
Alex Bentley had 11 points and a game-high nine assists as the Lady Lions (8-2) shot 47 percent (27 of 58) from the field. Penn State has averaged 80 points per game over its last six contests, going 5-1 during that stretch.
Amber Cook scored 12 points for the Hawks (2-5), who shot 27 percent (20 of 75) from the field.
Leading 40-30 at the break, Penn State held the Hawks to 12 points in the first 11 minutes of the second half.
The Lady Lions were coming off their best defensive performance of the season, allowing only 28 points to Virginia Tech last Tuesday.
- Massengale off to fast start for No. 3 Lady Vols
- Achonwa leads No. 4 Irish women past No. 10 PSU
- Balance lifts No. 17 Oklahoma by W. Illinois 97-80
- No. 18 UNC topples No. 15 Nebraska 75-62
- Louisville's Slaughter having tests at hospital
- Sims leads No. 9 Baylor women to 113-73 win
- Louisville player collapses, taken to hospital
- No. 24 Gonzaga's balance crushes Fairfield 82-42
- No. 11 Colorado slips past Wyoming 63-59 on road
- No. 20 Iowa St. has no problem with N. Iowa 83-55
- No. 8 Maryland women beat Ohio State 67-55
- No. 7 Cardinals G Slaughter remains hospitalized
- No. 7 Louisville women rout Missouri St 91-49
- No. 23 Texas A&M rolls over San Diego St 72-35
- No. 13 LSU defeats Indiana State 83-66
- Mitchell, No. 12 S. Carolina whip NC Central 79-27