No. 15 Purdue edges Kansas State 46-42 in overtimeSaturday, Nov 26, 2011
KK Houser added 11 while Sam Ostarello had seven points and 11 rebounds for the Boilermakers (6-0), who are off to their best start since 2006-07.
Ostarello hit the only basket for Purdue in overtime to break a 40-40 tie. Rayburn made two free throws with 1:03 left and Houser added two more with 48.4 seconds to play to seal the victory.
Purdue won for only the second time in 48 chances when scoring under 49 points. The Boilermakers beat Kentucky 48-40 in 1999.
The Boilermakers were missing Courtney Moses, who was sidelined with a concussion.
Jalana Childs scored 23 points to lead Kansas State (3-2), which lost both of its games in Mexico.
Neither team shot well from the field with Purdue making just 30 percent while Kansas State was at 29 percent.
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 20 Northwestern women race away from W. Michigan 86-62