Kentucky dominates Jacksonville State 100-25Tuesday, Nov 15, 2011
The Wildcats’ (2-0) full-court pressure defense wore down Jacksonville State from the opening tip. After the Gamecocks scored the first game’s first basket, Kentucky fired off a 22-0 run that included 13 forced turnovers.
Kentucky’s defense also tied a school record with 25 points allowed in a game.
A’dia Mathies and Bernisha Pinkett each led the Wildcats with 18 points, and Mathies led all rebounders with 10.
After leading 49-13 at halftime, Kentucky opened the second half on a 17-2 run to spread the lead to 66-15.
The previous school record for turnovers forced in a game was 43, which Kentucky did Jan. 3, 2000 against Winthrop.
Briana Morrow had eight points for the Gamecocks (0-2).
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75