No. 24 Syracuse over Ark.-Pine Bluff 91-56
It was the 39th straight nonconference win at home for Syracuse (12-1), which raced to a daunting early lead for the second straight game. It’s the fourth time in program history the Orange have opened a season at 12-1, three times under current coach Quentin Hillsman.
Syracuse begins Big East play at No. 19 Georgetown on Tuesday.
Iasia Hemingway added 14 points and 11 rebounds as the Orange had three players with double-doubles for the second time in three games. Alexander, Hemingway and Carmen Tyson-Thomas registered double-doubles against St. Francis, Pa., on Tuesday, the first time the Orange had accomplished that since 1989.
Laquisha Slaton had 11 points and Jasmine Abrams and Chigoziany Okwumabua had 10 apiece for Arkansas-Pine Bluff (0-11).
The Golden Lions missed their first seven shots and committed three turnovers as Syracuse scored the game’s first 18 points in the opening 5:36 of play.
Hemingway had seven points and the 6-foot-4 Alexander five in the spurt before Abrams’ jumper halted the skid. The Orange scored the first 16 points in a 90-31 win over Bryant on Thursday.
Syracuse had 24 assists on 34 baskets, outrebounded the Golden Lions 61-24, including 31-6 on the offensive glass, scored 58 points in the paint, and had 30 second-chance points to six for Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- No. 24 Syracuse over Ark.-Pine Bluff 91-56
- UConn, South Carolina, Miss State and Stanford in Final Four
- Florida hires Belmont's Newbauer to revitalize women's hoops
- Elite not good enough for Baylor women in NCAA Tournament
- Tipping Off: Second half of Final Four field to be decided
- Stanford rallies, edges Notre Dame 76-75 to reach Final Four
- Oregon needs monumental upset to reach Final Four
- South Carolina braces for Florida State
- No. 1 South Carolina follows men's team, reaches Final Four
- UConn routs Oregon, heads to 10th straight Final Four
- Nebraska's Jessica Shepard announces her intent to transfer
- Plum unanimous choice as AP women's basketball All-American
- William, Mississippi State women earn 1st Final Four berth
- Florida State, South Carolina like to scrimmage in preseason
- Tipping Off: No. 10 Oregon joins top teams in Elite Eight
- Upstart Oregon faces major challenge against UConn