No. 24 Syracuse wins again, beat Bryant 90-31
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP)—Kayla Alexander scored 23 points, Elashier Hall had career highs of 17 points, 12 rebounds and five assists, and No. 24 Syracuse beat Bryant 90-31 on Thursday.
It was the third straight win for the Orange (11-1) since a loss to No. 2 Baylor and their 38th consecutive nonconference home victory. Bryant (3-8), which hadn’t played in nearly two weeks, had won two straight.
Carmen Tyson-Thomas had 11 points and 12 rebounds and La’Shay Taft had 10 points for the Orange. They outrebounded the Bulldogs 67-28 and held them to 1 of 28 shooting from beyond the arc.
Freshman Naana Ankoma-Mensa led Bryant with six points and Jenniqua Bailey had five.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49