Rodgers leads No. 20 Hoyas to win over Missouri St
Monica McNutt added 14 points for the Hoyas (9-3) in their return from a four-game road trip, and Rubylee Wright scored 13 to give Georgetown two straight wins after consecutive losses at Miami and Rutgers earlier in December.
Jasmine Malone had 16 points and Casey Garrison added 13 for the Bears (7-3), who saw their five-game win streak snapped in the second of a three-game East Coast road trip.
The Bears were outrebounded 49-29 and never led, even though they tied it 27-all on a 3-pointer by Garrison and Karly Buer’s jumper early in the secnod half. McNutt responded with a 3-pointer to give the Hoyas back the lead, Wright hit another 3 and the Hoyas pulled away.
- Rodgers leads No. 20 Hoyas to win over Missouri St
- All Aboard! Maryland women ride rails to NCAA regional
- Romero breaks out of slump at right time for Florida State
- Three freshman starters help Oregon to Sweet 16
- Baylor heads to Oklahoma City, site of both cheers and tears
- Travel challenges just part of NCAA Tournament for Stanford
- Staley: South Carolina's Gray will play in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac seeks another upset against top seed South Carolina
- Tipping Off: Baylor women hope for better luck in OKC
- Notre Dame looks to move on without injured forward Turner
- Washington's high-scoring Plum leaves opponents befuddled
- NC Central fires women's basketball coach Vanessa Taylor
- Notre Dame shifts gears for Ohio St after losing Turner
- Semrau, Florida State focused on Oregon State
- Illinois hires Fahey as next women's basketball coach
- Baylor, Louisville cross paths again