Ellenberg leads Oklahoma to 116-66 win over UTPA
NORMAN, Okla. (AP)—Aaryn Ellenberg scored a career-high 26 points, leading No. 11 Oklahoma to a 116-66 victory over Texas-Pan American on Friday night in the Basketball Travelers Invitational round robin tournament.
Ellenberg, a freshman, was 9 of 15 from the field, including 4 of 6 from behind the 3-point line for Oklahoma (4-0). The Sooners never trailed and led 56-30 at halftime.
OU will play Gardner-Webb in the second game of the tournament at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Senior Danielle Robinson, a preseason All-American, moved into seventh on the all-time scoring list at Oklahoma and finished with 16 points, missing only three of 11 shots.
The Sooners shot 56 percent—they came in shooting 48.7 percent—and scored a season high for points. Joanna McFarland had 13 points and 15 rebounds for the Sooners.
Texas’ Bianca Torre scored a team-high 26 points. The Broncos (4-1) will take on Prairie View A&M at 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Ellenberg leads Oklahoma to 116-66 win over UTPA
- Baylor heads to Oklahoma City, site of both cheers and tears
- Travel challenges just part of NCAA Tournament for Stanford
- Staley: South Carolina's Gray will play in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac seeks another upset against top seed South Carolina
- Maryland not be looking past surprising Oregon
- Notre Dame, minus top scorer, faces Ohio State
- UCLA women next in line for streaking UConn
- NC Central fires women's basketball coach Vanessa Taylor
- Notre Dame shifts gears for Ohio St after losing Turner
- Semrau, Florida State focused on Oregon State
- Illinois hires Fahey as next women's basketball coach
- Baylor, Louisville cross paths again
- Texas seeks revenge in rematch with Stanford
- Plum leads Huskies into Sweet 16 matchup with Mississippi State
- Pac-12 making statement with 5 teams in the Sweet 16