NC State edges No. 22 Georgia Tech 54-46
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Marissa Kastanek scored nine points to help North Carolina State defeat No. 22 Georgia Tech 54-46 on Sunday.
Bonae Holston scored all eight of her points in the second half for the Wolfpack (17-12, 7-7 Atlantic Coast Conference), who never trailed en route to their fourth win in five games.
Georgia Tech, which trailed 41-30 with 7:30 remaining, cut N.C. State’s lead to 44-42 on a layup by Deja Foster with 1:54 to play. But N.C. State’s Brittany Strachan answered with a 3-pointer with 58.8 seconds left to extend the lead to five.
Brigitte Ardossi scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Georgia Tech (22-8, 8-6), which came up short in its bid to break the school record for victories in a season.
Alex Montgomery added 11 points for the Yellow Jackets, who committed 18 of their 26 turnovers in the first half on the way to a season-low point total.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra