Bennett leads No. 17 Arizona State past Hawaii
HONOLULU (AP)—Kali Bennett scored 15 points and had 15 rebounds to lead No. 17 Arizona State to a 65-53 victory over Hawaii on Friday night.
Danielle Orsillo added 15 points for Arizona State (3-1) in the opening game of the Rainbow Wahine Classic.
The Sun Devils controlled the boards, outrebounding Hawaii 46-33, and built a 32-22 halftime lead over the Rainbow Wahine (1-3).
Keisha Kanekoa scored 15 points to lead Hawaii, which lost its third straight after winning coach Dana Takahara-Dias’ debut.
The win helped the Sun Devils recover from a loss to Xavier last week that dropped them three spots in the rankings.
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47