MUNCIE, Ind. (AP)—Keith Wenning passed for 445 yards and six touchdowns in Ball State’s systematic destruction of Miami (Ohio) 55-14 Friday.
Ball State (10-2, 7-1 MAC) rolled up 585 total yards of offense and had three receivers catch touchdown passes and eclipse 100 yards receiving. Jamill Smith caught seven balls for 127 yards and three TDs, Jordan Williams made five catches for 161 yards and a pair of scores and Willie Snead hauled in 11 passes for 133 yards and one TD.
The Cardinals raced out to a 35-0 halftime lead, including Wenning’s 72-yard pass-and-run to Williams, before Miami (0-12, 0-8) finally got on the board in the third on Drew Kummer’s 58-yard scoring strike to Dawan Scott.
The RedHawks got a 3-yard scoring plunge from Austin Gearing to cut the lead to 38-14, but Ball State tacked on two more TDs and a field goal in the rout.
Head to Head - Week 14
- Missouri-Oregon St Preview
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni
- TCU vs. Texas game moved to Friday after Thanksgiving
- Big 12 leaders agree to single voice dealing with big issues
- Syracuse dismisses 2 football players for rules violations
- No. 24 Oregon St 39, Missouri 38
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls