TULSA, Okla. (AP)—Tommy Shuler and Essray Taliaferro scored touchdowns in the final 4 minutes as Marshall came from behind to defeat Tulsa 45-34 in a game that started one minute late to commemorate the anniversary of the Nov. 14. 1970 plane crash of the Marshall football team.
Kickoff was delayed 1 minute in silent observance to 6:36 p.m. Central Time to mark the moment of the worst sports-related air tragedy that killed 75. Marshall players wore a No. 75 on their helmets.
Marshall (7-3, 5-1 Conference USA) scored the first three TDS and led 31-14 at halftime as Rakeem Cato passed for 456 yards and five touchdowns.
Tulsa (2-8, 1-5) stormed back with 21-straight points in the second half on scoring runs by Dane Evans and Trey Watts.
Shuler caught 9 passes for 105 yards and two touchdowns and Taliaferro 68 yards and Marshall’s lone TD on the ground.
Head to Head - Week 12
- Game Day Live Blog: Embrace the hate
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case
- Indiana announces defensive line coach will not return
- Ex-Michigan football player pleads guilty to filming sex
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni