Portland State rallies past North Dakota 14-10Saturday, Oct 26, 2013
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—DJ Adams ran for 111 yards and scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter to help Portland State prevail over North Dakota 14-10 in a Big Sky Conference matchup Saturday.
Facing a 10-0 deficit, the Vikings (4-4, 1-3 Big Sky) fired back in the fourth quarter as Adams scored on two straight drives on runs of 4 and 15 to take the lead. Each of the two scores came on short drives following a blocked punt and another pressured punt that resulted in a turnover on downs.
North Dakota (2-6, 1-4) got the ball with 3:12 remaining, but Joe Mollberg was intercepted by David Edgerson, preserving the Vikings’ first conference victory this season.
Portland State trailed most of the game as North Dakota used an 80-yard touchdown pass from Mollberg to Greg Hardin and a 22-yard field goal by Zeb Miller to hold a 10-point lead through three quarters.
Head to Head - Week 9
- Portland State rallies past North Dakota 14-10
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Oklahoma defensive line coach Reynolds leaving
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations
- Julius Brown joins Utah State's staff as cornerbacks coach
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career