Charleston Southern rolls over Charlotte 36-14Saturday, Oct 26, 2013
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Daniel Croghan threw two touchdowns while Kyle Copeland ran in two more to lead Charleston Southern to a 36-14 win over Charlotte on Saturday.
Copeland put the Buccaneers (8-1, 1-0 Big South) on the scoreboard in the first quarter with a 3-yard TD run, then put the game out of reach in the fourth quarter with a 5-yard TD run. Mike Holloway also rushed for a TD from the 5-yard line, and the defense scored a safety by tackling Charlotte running back Alan Barnwell in the end zone in the fourth quarter.
Croghan, who completed 15 of 22 passes for 173 yards, threw a 39-yard TD pass to Kevin Glears and a 14-yarder to Chris Theodore.
Charlotte (4-4) got two rushing touchdowns from Kalif Phillips.
The Buccaneers piled up 548 total yards, including 181 yards rushing by Christian Reyes, who broke the school’s single-season record of 774 set in 1997.
Head to Head - Week 9
- Video: UConn's backup QB is a Jedi master of meaningless accuracy
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls