RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Terrance West rushed for 272 yards and 4 touchdowns, and caught a TD pass, to lead Towson to a 48-32 victory over Richmond Saturday in a Colonial Athletic Association matchup.
Towson (8-1, 4-1) had little trouble with Richmond (2-6, 0-4), building a 9-point halftime advantage then adding to that via a strong run game that amassed 341 yards.
West scored touchdowns in all four quarters, starting with a 6-yard reception from Peter Athens to open the scoring. Towson’s leading rusher then scored on TD runs of 2, 1, 1, and 3 yards.
The Tigers also scored two defensive touchdowns. Christian Carpenter picked off Michael Strauss and returned it 34 yards for a second quarter score and Telvion Clark sacked Strauss, forced a fumble, recovered it and went 32 yards in the fourth quarter.
Strauss finished 28 of 38 for 281 yards and two TDs to pace the Spiders.
Head to Head - Week 9
- At least the BCS is in good hands with the Harris poll. Wait ...
- Robinson 1st Notre Dame football player elected president
- Colorado promotes Hagan to running backs coach
- Texas to let Baylor keep sex assault records private
- Family awarded $53M in Kyle Field deadly demolition accident
- Utah promotes 3 on coaching staff