Ark-Pine Bluff defeats MVSU 38-18Saturday, Oct 26, 2013
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Benjamin Anderson threw two touchdowns passes and rushed for two to lead Arkansas-Pine Bluff to a 38-18 victory over Mississippi Valley State Saturday night.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff (1-7, 1-5 Southwestern Athletic Conference) wins its first game. It’s also the first time the Golden Lions have held their opponent to less than three touchdowns in a game this season.
Anderson was 20 of 30 for 269 yards passing. His 86-yard pass to Cody Swain was the longest touchdown connection of the night, and put the Golden Lions up 38-18 with 13:21 remaining. Anderson also had 22 carries for 123 yards rushing. His two rushing TDs were sneaks from 3 and 2 yards out.
The Golden Lions forced three interceptions, two in the fourth quarter, to thwart any MVSU (1-7, 1-5) comeback. Xavier Lofton also recovered a fumble and returned it for a 55-yard touchdown as the Golden Lions forced four MVSU turnovers.
Head to Head - Week 9
- No. 17 UCF survives scare from rival USF, 23-20
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni
- TCU vs. Texas game moved to Friday after Thanksgiving
- Big 12 leaders agree to single voice dealing with big issues
- Syracuse dismisses 2 football players for rules violations