ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Terrance West rushed for 183 yards and two touchdowns as Towson defeated Albany 44-17 Saturday in a Colonial Athletic Association matchup.
Towson (7-1, 3-1), coming off its first loss last week to Villanova, bounced back by dominating Albany (1-7, 0-4), rolling up 573 yards of total offense.
The Great Danes took an early lead on Jake Meek’s 10-yard rushing touchdown in the first quarter. Towson then ran off 24 unanswered points, including Donnell Lewis’ 38-yard interception return for a score and West’s 59-yard touchdown burst.
West punched in his second touchdown of the day early in the third quarter, a 7-yard run that capped a 10-play, 84-yard drive, for his 19th touchdown of the season.
Peter Athens finished 22 of 32 for 294 yards and a 38-yard TD pass to Spencer Wilkins.
Darius Victor and Trea Jones also added rushing touchdowns for the Tigers in the second half.
Head to Head - Week 8
- Rumor: Why Gene Chizik owes his new job to Yella Fella
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Ex-Gophers lineman Luke McAvoy recounts coming out as gay
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case