CLINTON, S.C. (AP)—Tobi Antigha caught two touchdowns and rushed for another to blunt a late game VMI rally and help Presbyterian win its Big South opener 49-35 on Saturday.
Antigha had seven receptions for 136 yards. His 39-yard touchdown run with less than a minute left in the game sealed the win for the Blue Hose (2-4, 1-0 Big South).
Heys McMath was 21-of-33 for 322 yards and two touchdowns. Running back Blake Roberts led the Blue Hose ground game with 77 rushing yards.
The Keydets (1-6, 0-2) struggled in the first half, scoring a single touchdown and missing a field goal from 30 yards. Trailing 35-14 at the end of the third quarter, they mounted a 4th quarter rally with two A.J. Augustine TD passes on back-to-back possessions to narrow the Presbyterian lead to 42-35.
VMI has not won a road game in the Big South in three years.
Head to Head - Week 8
- Defense leads No. 3 Texas to rout of No. 13 OSU
- Miles lures Juluke to LSU as running backs coach
- Replay officials could have more say in targeting penalties
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator
- Ex-president's lawsuits target Penn State, Sandusky report
- Ex-OSU star Clarett admits DUI, gets 2 years' probation