Unbeaten N. Dakota St. runs by S. Illinois, 31-10Saturday, Oct 19, 2013
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—John Crockett ran for three third-quarter touchdowns as undefeated North Dakota State roared back from a 10-0 first-half deficit to stampede Southern Illinois in a Missouri Valley Conference game, 31-10 Saturday.
Kory Faulkner threw 13-yards to LaSteven McKinney in the first quarter and Thomas Kinney booted a 47-yard field goal to stake the Salukis to the 10-0 lead, but only crossed into North Dakota State territory once more the rest of the game. Southern Illinois (4-4, 2-2 MVC) was held to just 227 total yards.
Brock Jensen got the Bison on the board with a 55-yard touchdown pass to Zach Vraa just before halftime and North Dakota State (7-0, 4-0) turned to Crockett in the second half. After rushing four times for 19 yards in the first half, Crockett carried 19 times in the second, rushing for 152 yards and touchdowns on runs of 10, 26 and 30 yards.
Head to Head - Week 8
- Headlinin': Pitt-to-Big Ten speculation has no clothes (yet)
- Miles lures Juluke to LSU as running backs coach
- Robinson 1st Notre Dame football player elected president
- Texas to let Baylor keep sex assault records private
- Family awarded $53M in Kyle Field deadly demolition accident
- Utah promotes 3 on coaching staff