Edwards carries Ball State past Miami (Ohio) 31-24Friday, Nov 23, 2012
The Cardinals (9-3, 6-2 Mid-American Conference) won their sixth straight, their most since winning 12 straight in 2008.
Edwards, who gained 98 yards on 18 carries, scored on first-half runs of 5 and 2, when Ball State took a 21-14 lead. His 17-yard third-quarter touchdown made it 28-14.
Steven Schott, who came in leading the nation in field goals with 23, booted a 27-yarder to make it 31-14 after three quarters.
The RedHawks (4-8, 3-5) narrowed the gap in the final quarter on Zac Dysert’s 10-yard scoring pass to Jamire Westbrook and a Kaleb Patterson field goal.
Dysert, who completed 26 of 40 for 218 yards, moved into second place on the conference’s career passing list with 12,013 yards, passing Byron Leftwich, who played for Marshall when it was a league member.
Head to Head - Week 13
- Todd Graham said taking the Pitt job was a mistake
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls