Bryant knocks off Central Connecticut State 28-25Saturday, Nov 10, 2012
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP)—Ricardo McCray rushed for 111 yards and a touchdown, and Mike Westerhaus threw two touchdown passes to lead Bryant to a 28-25 victory against Central Connecticut State in a Northeast Conference game on Saturday.
Bryant (4-6, 4-4), which won its fourth game in a row, trailed 17-7 in the first half, closed to 17-14 at the break, and the Bulldogs then scored 14 third-quarter points to secure the victory. It was the first 100-yard game for McCray, whose 49-yard scoring run late in the third period made it 28-17.
Bryant’s Jordan Harris caught seven passes for 114 yards and a touchdown, and Westerhaus threw for 144 yards.
It was Bryant’s first victory over the CCSU in five tries.
Head to Head - Week 11
- No. 19 Oklahoma State wins opener in 84-0 rout
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls
- Savannah St.-Oklahoma St. Preview
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- TCU vs. Texas game moved to Friday after Thanksgiving
- Big 12 leaders agree to single voice dealing with big issues
- Syracuse dismisses 2 football players for rules violations
- NCAA academic committee considering changes to rating system