Carr, UT-Martin outduel Jacksonville State 49-47Saturday, Nov 3, 2012
Carr threw four touchdowns in the first quarter—three to Quentin Sims— for an early 28-7 lead. Carr finished 28-of-43 passing for 402 yards. Sims had 10 catches for 137 yards and a UT-Martin (7-2, 5-1 Ohio Valley Conference) record five TDs.
Marques Ivory’s three first-half touchdowns—all to Alan Bonner—kept Jacksonville State (5-4, 4-3) with 35-21 at the half. Ivory finished 17-of-36 passing for 323 yards and six touchdowns. Bonner caught 10 passes for 235 yards and five scores.
After the Gamecocks cut the lead to 42-41 late in the fourth, Carr found Jeremy Butler for a 4-yard TD with 5:31 left extending the Skyhawks’ lead to 49-41.
Washaun Ealey’s 2-yard rushing TD with 41 seconds left made it 49-47, but the team failed on the two-point conversion.
Head to Head - Week 10
- Carr, UT-Martin outduel Jacksonville State 49-47
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls