Eastern Kentucky rolls past SE Missouri State 31-7Saturday, Nov 3, 2012
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Jared McClain rushed for a pair of touchdowns and Matt Denham and Deshaun Sands each scored once on the ground as Eastern Kentucky rolled to a 31-7 victory over Southeast Missouri State on Saturday.
Defense was a big factor for Eastern Kentucky (7-3, 5-2 Ohio Valley). The Colonels held Southeast Missouri State (3-6, 2-4) to 262 yards, its second-lowest total of the season. Brooklyn Fox had an interception for the second straight week and recovered a fumble.
The defense also put pressure on Southeast Missouri State quarterback Scott Lathrop, who completed just 6 of 12 passes for 56 yards. He was sacked three times.
Blake Jackson finally put Southeast Missouri State on the board with a 14-yard TD run with 4:08 left in the game.
Head to Head - Week 10
- No. 23 Boise St. 38, SMU 20
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case
- Indiana announces defensive line coach will not return
- Ex-Michigan football player pleads guilty to filming sex
- Broncos look to extend two streaks when they face Mustangs
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June