The Redbirds (8-2, 5-2 Missouri Valley) won their seventh straight road game.
The game was scoreless until Nick Aussieker’s 36-yard field goal for Illinois State with 6:52 remaining in the third quarter. Walker had his touchdown catch, a 4-yarder, later in the quarter, and Dunn made it 17-0 on a 3-yard run with 2:52 left in the game.
Indiana State scored all of its points in the final 31 seconds. Perish hit Michael Mardis with a 6-yard TD, and after an onside kick recovery, Tann Fritschle made it a one-score game with a 33-yard field goal with six seconds remaining. The Sycamores recovered another onside kick, but it was negated by an offside penalty.
Head to Head - Week 10
- LSU's ship has two men too many, so Elliott Porter walks the plank
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador