Villanova rushes past Georgia State for 49-24 winSaturday, Oct 20, 2012
The Wildcats led 35-10 at halftime and 49-10 with 13:57 remaining in the first meeting between the Colonial Athletic Association teams.
Villanova (6-2, 4-1) finished with 343 yards on 53 carries compared to 79 yards rushing for Georgia State (1-7, 1-4), which lost Donald Russell to a left-knee injury late in the first quarter.
Russell, coming off a school-record 201 yards last week against Rhode Island in the Panthers’ only victory, had just 4 yards on five carries. He will be evaluated Sunday.
Robertson had 11 carries and 11 throws, with eight completions.
Monangai, with 18 carries including a 12-yard TD, surpassed 100 yards for the fourth time this season.
Poppy Livers returned a Georgia State punt 66 yards to score.
Head to Head - Week 8
- Villanova rushes past Georgia State for 49-24 win
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Ex-Gophers lineman Luke McAvoy recounts coming out as gay
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case