McCarney completed 22-of-28 passes for 377 yards, for three touchdowns and an interception, and added 133 rushing yards on 15 carries.
Colgate (4-3, 2-0) scored on its opening drive of the game when McCarney found Kevin O’Connell for a 19-yard touchdown. After a missed extra-point, Georgetown’s (3-5, 0-2) Kyle Nolan found Kevin Macari for a 25-yard touchdown to take the lead.
On the Raiders’ next possession, Nate Bellamy scored on a 47-yard run, and then McCarney converted the 2-point attempt to give Colgate the 14-7 lead. Colgate then scored 20 consecutive points for the 37-14 halftime lead.
Colgate rushed for 107 yards and two scores in the second half as they ran to victory.
Colgate set a school-record with 707 yards of total offense.
Head to Head - Week 8
- Cam Newton will live in NCAA infamy, but he's not Reggie Bush
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls