BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—Kevin Johnson caught three touchdown passes and returned a kickoff 88 yards for another score to lead Lamar to a 52-21 victory against McMurry on Saturday night.
Johnson had 77 yards on five receptions, with all three TDs coming in the second quarter for the Cardinals (3-4). His kick-return TD came less than four minutes into the game, after the War Hawks (3-3) had the first score on a field goal.
Greg Livingston had eight catches for 97 yards for McMurry, a Division II school in Abilene, Texas.
Johnson caught a pair of 13-yard scoring passes from Caleb Berry, then added a 9-yard TD catch with four seconds left before halftime. Lamar led 31-3 at intermission and 52-6 after Branden Thomas returned an interception 53 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.
Berry was 8 of 18 for 105 yards.
DePaul Garrett had 104 yards and a TD on 10 carries for the Cardinals.
Head to Head - Week 7
- Beaver lineman drunk, naked, tased in Sunday morning cop charge
- Miles lures Juluke to LSU as running backs coach
- Robinson 1st Notre Dame football player elected president
- Texas to let Baylor keep sex assault records private
- Family awarded $53M in Kyle Field deadly demolition accident
- Utah promotes 3 on coaching staff