SE Louisiana tops Northwestern State 27-22Saturday, Oct 13, 2012
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Xavier Roberson ran for touchdowns of 34 and 11 yards and Seth Sebastian kicked two field goals to help Southeastern Louisiana defeat Northwestern State 27-22 on Saturday in a Southland Conference matchup.
Southeastern Louisiana (3-4, 3-0) built an early 14-3 lead behind Roberson’s first touchdown run.
Sebastian has made his last five field goal attempts after starting the season 1 for 5.
Henderson again drew Northwestern State (3-4, 1-2) closer, connecting with Daniel Taylor from 30 yards out to get within 20-15, but Roberson’s second touchdown run sealed the win for the Lions.
Roberson, who scored his first touchdowns of the season, finished with a career-high 88 yards.
Henderson paced the Northwestern State with 234 yards passing on 21 of 34 passes.
Head to Head - Week 7
- Tennessee's Arian Foster channels the Cretaceous
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls