Utah State records 49-27 win at San Jose StateSaturday, Oct 13, 2012
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP)—Kerwy Williams scored three touchdowns on the ground, Chuckie Keeton threw for three more in the air and the Utah State offense didn’t let up Saturday in a 49-27 victory over San Jose State.
Williams had 15 carries for 176 yards and three scores to lead the ground attack for the Aggies while Keeton was 26 of 35 for 273 yards and three touchdowns.
San Jose State quarterback David Fales had a good night, completing 38 of 50 passes for 467 yards and three touchdowns. Fales’ favorite target was Noel Grigsby who caught 11 passes for 181 yards and two touchdowns.
At one point, Utah State (5-2, 1-0 Big Sky) led 28-3 after Keeton found Travis Van Leeuwen in the end zone on a 21-yard touchdown pass with 9:26 to go in the second quarter.
San Jose State (4-2, 0-1) had won four straight contests leading up to Saturday’s loss.
Head to Head - Week 7
- Southward leads Troy past Western Kentucky 40-20
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Ex-Gophers lineman Luke McAvoy recounts coming out as gay
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case