After Marcus Wasilewski responded for Maine, tying the game on a 7-yard touchdown run, Robertson’s 26-yard strike to Mark Hamilton gave the Wildcats a 14-7 lead after the first quarter. They would never trail.
Monangai capped off a 10-play, 76-yard drive with a 13-yard touchdown run, as Maine (1-3, 0-1) struggled to move the ball, gaining two first downs in the second quarter.
Villanova used a heavy dose of Monangai and strong defense to dominate the second half.
Both Monangai and Robertson added second half touchdowns and the Wildcats sealed their victory with stifling defense.
The Black Bears allowed seven sacks, turned the ball over twice and had a field goal attempt blocked.
Head to Head - Week 5
- Debriefing: Evolving Mountain West still defined by clash of the titans
- Family awarded $53M in Kyle Field deadly demolition accident
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Oklahoma defensive line coach Reynolds leaving
- Julius Brown joins Utah State's staff as cornerbacks coach
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon