Mike Colvin leads Lehigh past Liberty 28-26Saturday, Sep 22, 2012
Colvin finished with 195 yards passing and 77 yards rushing with two scores, including a 68-yard scramble to give Lehigh (3-0) a 21-20 advantage late.
The Mountain Hawks took a 14-0 lead in the second quarter, but Liberty (0-3) tied the game before the half on Sirchauncey Holloway’s 22-yard touchdown run.
The Flames (0-3) took their first lead on John Lunsford field goal late in the third quarter, and extended it to 20-14 on another with 9:06 left in the fourth.
Colvin’s second score overtook the lead, and then Billy Boyko’s interception return for a touchdown extended it to 28-20.
Woodrum’s 3-yard touchdown run with 59 seconds remaining cut the deficit to 28-26, but his incomplete pass for the two-point conversion sealed the victory for Lehigh.
Head to Head - Week 4
- Nostalgia: Enshrining Peyton Manning in the Gator Bait Hall of Fame
- Replay officials could have more say in targeting penalties
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator
- Ex-president's lawsuits target Penn State, Sandusky report
- Ex-OSU star Clarett admits DUI, gets 2 years' probation
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness