THIBODAUX, La. (AP)—Nicholls State amassed 751 total yards and the Colonels ended their 12-game losing streak with a 73-17 rout of Evangel Saturday night.
The last team to lose to Nicholls State? The NAIA Crusaders, in last year’s season opener.
Landry Klann passed for 262 yards and three touchdowns. Tuskani Figaro rushed for 134 yards and three touchdowns. Marcus Washington ran for 110 yards and scored twice. The Colonels finished with 361 yards passing and 390 rushing.
The Colonels (1-2) were coming off a 66-16 loss at Tulsa. They took out their frustration on Evangel, scoring 24 points in the first quarter and 14 in the second to lead 38-17 at halftime. Nicholls State scored the game’s last 35 points.
For Evangel (2-2), Garrett Swann hit Otis Brown on a 78-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter. Andrew Brimhall later threw a 38-yard scoring pass to Mitch McHenry.
Head to Head - Week 4
- Nicholls State obliterates NAIA Evangel 73-17
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls