MacZura’s late FG lifts Georgetown past PrincetonFriday, Sep 21, 2012
MacZura was 3 for 3 for the Hoyas (3-1), connecting from 25 and 26 yards in the first half, while Princeton’s Nolan Bieck missed all three of his attempts and had an extra point blocked.
Georgetown rallied to win after Princeton’s DiAndre Atwater scored on a 53-yard run early in the fourth quarter to give the Tigers (0-2) a 20-18 lead.
Dalen Claytor led the Hoyas in rushing with 13 carries for 70 yards, and Campanella finished with 63 yards on nine carries. Stephon Skon completed 14 of 24 passes for 121 yards, and Aaron Aiken was 8 of 9 for 68 yards. Kevin Macari caught eight passes for 76 yards.
Princeton wide receiver Tom Moak threw a 10-yard scoring pass to Mark Hayes in the first quarter, and Will Powers scored on a 2-yard run in the second. Atwater finished with 15 carries for 92 yards, and Conner Michelson completed 11 of 22 passes for 143 yards.
Head to Head - Week 4
- Darrell Scott jumps Colorado's sinking ship, leaves the hype behind
- Miles lures Juluke to LSU as running backs coach
- Robinson 1st Notre Dame football player elected president
- Texas to let Baylor keep sex assault records private
- Family awarded $53M in Kyle Field deadly demolition accident
- Utah promotes 3 on coaching staff