Blake Bortles threw for 251 yards and two TDs for UCF (2-1).
Darian Mallary had 71 yards rushing and scored twice for FIU (1-2).
UCF was up 23-0 at halftime after Bortles threw TD passes of 4 yards to Billy Giovanetti and 16 yards to Rannell Hall. Brynn Harvey added a 4-yard scoring run, and J.J. Worton had a 10-yard scoring reception from Jeff Godfrey for the Knights’ only TD in the second half.
FIU, which had only two first downs and 26 yards total offense in the first half, rolled up 280 yards and 20 points in the final two quarters. Mallary scored on runs of 28 and 4 yards and Kedrick Rhodes caught a 5-yard scoring pass from quarterback Jake Medlock.
Head to Head - Week 3
- Georgia recruits charged as Georgia locker room thieves
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls