Alabama State rallies to top Grambling State 19-18Sunday, Sep 16, 2012
Alabama State (2-1, 1-1) trailed Grambling State late in the second quarter before Jenkins’ 9-yard pass to T.C. McWilliams put the Hornets ahead at halftime 7-6.
The Tigers (0-3, 0-2) scored on their last possession of the third quarter when D.J. Williams connected with Jeremy Hernandez to give Grambling State a 12-7 lead entering the fourth quarter. Williams completed 11 of 16 passing for 107 yards. Hernandez totaled eight catches for 135 yards and two scores.
After trading early fourth-quarter touchdowns, with the Hornets trailing 18-13, Jenkins capped off an eight-play, 70-yard drive with a 29-yard run for the go-ahead score.
Alabama State’s defense stopped the Tigers on their last possession with 1:21 remaining, forcing an incomplete pass on fourth-and-1, sealing the victory for the Hornets.
Head to Head - Week 3
- Alabama State rallies to top Grambling State 19-18
- Replay officials could have more say in targeting penalties
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator
- Ex-president's lawsuits target Penn State, Sandusky report
- Ex-OSU star Clarett admits DUI, gets 2 years' probation
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness