Illinois State beats Eastern Illinois 54-51 in OTSaturday, Sep 15, 2012
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Matt Brown accounted for seven touchdowns, and his fifth scoring pass of the game, a 25-yarder to Tyrone Walker in the second overtime period, capped a career-high 473-yard performance and gave Illinois State a wild 54-51 victory Saturday over Eastern Illinois.
Eastern Illinois had taken the lead on a 40-yard field goal by Cameron Berra, whose 20-yarder at the end of regulation sent the game to overtime.
Brown, who added two rushing touchdowns, also hit Donovan Harden for two scores and Lechein Neblett and Cameron Hunt for one apiece. The five touchdowns, on 42-of-57 passing, tied Brown’s career high. Walker led all receivers with 11 catches for 142 yards.
The teams combined for 1,042 yards of total offense. The Redbirds (3-0) won despite being penalized 22 times for 178 yards.
Head to Head - Week 3
- Iowa/Nebraska ‘Heroes’ Trophy is a new giant in its field
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Ex-Gophers lineman Luke McAvoy recounts coming out as gay
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak