Lehigh defeats Central Connecticut State 35-14Saturday, Sep 8, 2012
The Mountain Hawks, 2-0 overall, got four short scoring runs to down winless Central Connecticut State (0-2). Zach Barket opened the scoring with a 1-yard touchdown in the first quarter. Keith Sherman rushed for a 1-yard TD later in the period, then scored again from a yard out in the second quarter to give Lehigh a 21-0 halftime lead.
Rob Hollomon’s 2-yard touchdown run put the Blue Devils on the board in the third quarter. But Colvin scored on a 3-yard run in the fourth quarter, then hit Max Anderson on a 3-yard scoring pass. Andrew Clements’ late 6-yard scoring pass to Denzel Jones was too little too late.
Colvin, a senior, has won his first two career starts. Clements was just 10-for-17 for 87 yards.
Head to Head - Week 2
- Lehigh defeats Central Connecticut State 35-14
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls