CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Renard Celestin ran for 93 yards and two touchdowns as Southeast Missouri handed visiting Mars Hill a 30-18 loss under the lights Saturday in Cape Girardeau.
The defense was just as good for the Redhawks (1-1), who picked off Mars Hill (0-2) quarterback Jon Richt five times.
The Redhawks had 402 yards of total offense, most of which came on the ground Saturday. The 288 yards rushing is a season-high for Southeast Missouri, who had 235 in a loss to Central Michigan last week.
Although Redhawks tailback Levi Terrell didn’t score, he did carry the ball 22 times for 130 yards. In the air, Scott Lathrop completed 12 of 21 passes for 114 yards which included a 19-yard touchdown toss to D.J. Foster with 3:06 to go, putting Southeast Missouri up 30-12.
Mars Hill receiver Dimitri Holmes had eight catches for 121 yards and two touchdowns in the loss.
Head to Head - Week 2
- Grambling ends skid 44-0 over Concordia-Selma
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls