Terrance Owens leads Toledo past Wyoming 34-31By BOB MOEN, Associated Press Saturday, Sep 8, 2012
David Fluellen added 109 yards rushing as the Rockets (1-1) amassed 504 yards of total offense in a game in which both teams drove up and down the field.
Toledo’s defense, which ranked No. 3 in the nation in turnover margin in 2011, converted three Wyoming turnovers into 17 points. The Rockets’ offense had no turnovers.
Wyoming (0-2) was led by Brett Smith, who passed for 339 yards and two touchdowns before he was injured during an 11-yard scramble with 6:22 left in the game and taken off the field on a stretcher. Smith appeared to be hit in the head out of bounds by one Toledo defender while another was pulling him down from behind.
Head to Head - Week 2
- What's worse than LSU's clock management? Tennessee's math.
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case
- Indiana announces defensive line coach will not return
- Ex-Michigan football player pleads guilty to filming sex
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni