Late Texas-San Antonio FG nips South Alabama 33-31Saturday, Sep 1, 2012
The nonconference season opener for both teams, originally scheduled for Thursday night, had been postponed by Hurricane Isaac. On Saturday, Ianno’s placekicking and three touchdown passes by Eric Soza gave the Roadrunners a win in which the lead changed hands four times in the fourth quarter.
C.J. Bennett tossed two touchdown passes for South Alabama, the last a 34-yarder to Jereme Jones with 2:46 left to give the Jaguars their last lead, 31-30. But Ianno, who kicked two field goals in the second quarter, kicked his fourth and decisive field goal to win it.
Head to Head - Week 1
- Late Texas-San Antonio FG nips South Alabama 33-31
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls