Delaware tops West Chester 41-21 in rivalry finaleFriday, Aug 31, 2012
NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Backed by 310 passing yards and three scores from debuting sophomore quarterback Trent Hurley, Delaware topped West Chester, 41-21, in the rivalry’s 54th and final meeting. The game was the first this year for each team.
Hurley, a transfer from Bowling Green making his first start, was 24-of-35 passing, including a pair of first-half touchdowns. Junior Andrew Pierce ran 22 times for 90 yards, and became the fourth Blue Hen to surpass 3,000 yards rushing for a career. He’s the first to do so as a junior.
West Chester running back Rondell White ran for 220 yards on 28 carries in the loss.
The schools will discontinue the rivalry, which began in 1941, to face more opponents in their respective divisions. Delaware finishes with a 47-6-2 advantage.
Head to Head - Week 1
- Delaware tops West Chester 41-21 in rivalry finale
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case
- Indiana announces defensive line coach will not return
- Ex-Michigan football player pleads guilty to filming sex
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni