Edwards leads Ball State past E. Michigan 37-26Thursday, Aug 30, 2012
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP)—Jahwan Edwards ran for a career-high 200 yards and tied a career best with three touchdowns, helping Ball State beat Eastern Michigan 37-26 Thursday night in the season opener for both teams.
Edwards, a sophomore, scored from 7 yards out in the first quarter, then added 75-yard and 3-yard scoring runs in the third. Edwards’ previous career high was 123 yards rushing Oct. 15 against Ohio.
Alex Gillett was the offense for the Eagles, throwing for 186 yards and three touchdowns and rushing for 81 yards and another score. Donald Scott, Garrett Hoskins and Mitchell Dawkins each caught touchdown passes.
The game was tied 13-13 at halftime, but Ball State scored 21 unanswered points in the third quarter.
Head to Head - Week 1
- USM star arrested for residential gunplay? Ah, alma mater.
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Ex-Gophers lineman Luke McAvoy recounts coming out as gay
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak