SEC says video review in Tennessee-Vandy incorrectSunday, Nov 20, 2011
The officials first ruled Gordon down at the Tennessee 35 but overturned the call after the review.
SEC Coordinator of Officials Steve Shaw said in a statement that linesman blew his whistle when he thought Gordon’s knee hit the ground. Shaw said that because a whistle blew, the play should not have been reviewable.
Had the play not been reviewed, Tennessee would have got the ball at the 25-yard line for its first offensive play in overtime.
Head to Head - Week 12
- SEC says video review in Tennessee-Vandy incorrect
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls