Citadel routs Virginia Military Institute 41-14Saturday, Oct 29, 2011
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—The Citadel rushed for 380 yards on 58 total carries in its 41-14 rout of Virginia Military Institute on Saturday.
Citadel (5-4) deployed 11 different rushers as Rickey Anderson, Darien Robinson, Christian Graham and Ben Dupree all topped 50 yards. Robinson and Dupree each had two touchdowns while Anderson led all Citadel rushers with 90 yards on eight carries.
The Bulldogs’ defense recorded three sacks, one interception and broke up seven passes as Eric Kordenbrock and the VMI offense struggled to move the ball through the air. Citadel held VMI to 12 first downs, compared to 21 for the Bulldogs, and only 224 yards of total offense.
The Keydets (1-8), however, had success running the ball as Chaz Jones ran for 112 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries. Jabari Turner added 48 yards and a touchdown.
Citadel has now won the last five games in the series.
Head to Head - Week 9
- Tennessee’s new weight room has an MMA cage, you know, just in case
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June