With Marist behind 9-3 following a Toms Bernhards-Callahan 94-yard punt return for a touchdown, McCoy pounded one in from 2 yards out to give the Red Foxes a 10-9 lead. Jason Myers then kicked his second field goal of the day to extend the Marist (2-4, 1-2 Pioneer Football League) lead to 13-9 and secure the victory. The win snapped a three-game losing streak for Marist.
The matchup was a defensive struggle, as neither offense managed more than 300 total yards. The Marist defense played particularly well, limiting Davidson’s time of possession to only 24:11, and only allowing the Wildcats to convert on 1 of 11 third down attempts.
Head to Head - Week 6
- Coming Attractions: Warren Norman, the lonely Commodore
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June