Fleming leads Florida A&M past Delaware St 34-7Saturday, Oct 1, 2011
Fleming, a freshman quarterback who made his first start, completed 14 of 29 passes and threw one interception for the Rattlers (3-2, 1-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). He connected with Brian Tyms on a 23-yard touchdown to give Florida A&M a 13-0 lead.
The Ratters’ defense was solid against Delaware State (2-3, 0-2), holding them to 181 total yards. Despite the Hornets offensive struggles, they were able to score for the first time in more than 11 quarters when Milton Williams caught a 9-yard pass from Nick Elko in the fourth quarter.
But Florida A&M would not allow the Hornets to score the rest of the way. Fleming scored on a 1-yard run and Eddie Rocker added a 20-yard touchdown run in the final quarter.
Head to Head - Week 5
- Joe Montana scores another touchdown for reality against 'Rudy'
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case
- Indiana announces defensive line coach will not return
- Ex-Michigan football player pleads guilty to filming sex
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni