Louisiana-Monroe defeats from Grambling St. 35-7Saturday, Sep 10, 2011
Donald became the first Warhawks player to break the 100-yard rushing mark since 2008. The Warhawks gained 247 yards rushing on 48 carries and three players scored touchdowns.
With the game tied 7-7 midway through the first quarter, a 1-yard touchdown pass from Cody Wells to Keavon Milton with 19 seconds left in the first quarter put the Warhawks (1-1) ahead for good and started a 28-0 run.
Louisiana-Monroe’s defense made the difference, holding the Tigers (1-1) to 144 yards in total offense and just four first downs. The Warhawks sacked Grambling quarterback D.J. Williams eight times and had two interceptions. ULM also had nine tackles for losses.
The Warhawks have won 15 of their past 20 home games dating back to 2007.
Head to Head - Week 2
- Notre Dame is about to make Lou Holtz an official fake doctor
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls