Browning’s TD lifts Gardner-Webb past VMI 10-7Saturday, Nov 20, 2010
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Chandler Browning threw a 27-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter and Gardner-Webb had four interceptions to beat Virginia Military Institute 10-7 on Saturday.
Gardner-Webb (4-7, 2-4 Big South Conference) won its eighth straight against the Keydets (3-8, 2-4).
After halftime, Gardner-Webb tried an onside kick but failed as VMI recovered. The Keydets followed with a touchdown as Adam Morgan found Tracy Hairston on a 31-yard passing score to cap a 43-yard dive to give VMI a 7-3 edge.
With just over 11 minutes to play, VMI’s Adam Morgan attempted a screen pass but Evan Short camp up with the interception. The next play, Browning connected with James Perry on a 27-yard score to put Gardner-Webb up for good.
Browning completed 17 of 31 passes for 159 yards and two interceptions. Perry hauled in eight passes for 78 yards and his score.
Head to Head - Week 12
- Louisville blocks Mountaineers’ exit with its own claim on the last ticket out of the Big East
- Delany does not see Rose Bowl move to accommodate playoffs
- Clemson offensive line coming on strong
- Oklahoma student sues running back Mixon over assault case
- Clemson, QB Watson headline ACC's preseason picks for 2016
- Running back Jamarius Henderson leaving Memphis