EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Ryan Taggart passed for two touchdowns and rushed for two more to lead Holy Cross to a 37-27 victory over Lafayette on Saturday.
Taggart was 15 for 31 for 205 yards and had scoring passes of 32 and 2 yards. His touchdown runs were 1 and 30 yards, the second with 1:39 left after the Crusaders recovered an onside kick.
The Leopards made it to the Holy Cross 16 before time expired.
Holy Cross (5-5, 2-2 Patriot League) took the lead at 10-7 with 28 seconds to go in the first half after a botched field goal led to a 68-yard fumble return by Cav Koch.
Lafayette senior Mark Layton set a single-game receiving record with 13 catches for 175 yards and two touchdowns.
Leopards quarterback Ryan O’Neil also had a career day, going 35 for 42 for 335 yards and four touchdowns.
Lafayette (2-8, 1-3) outgained Holy Cross 513 yards to 342 and had possession for 40:28.
Head to Head - Week 11
- No. 7 Penn State pulls away for win over Indiana
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball won't face felony in domestic case
- Indiana announces defensive line coach will not return
- Ex-Michigan football player pleads guilty to filming sex