NEW YORK (AP)—Quarterback Sean Brackett scored on a 1-yard run with 37 seconds remaining and Columbia defeated Cornell 20-17 on Saturday.
Brackett completed 19 of 41 passes for 204 yards and a touchdown, and rushed for 151 yards and a score on 25 carries. His 3-yard touchdown pass to Andrew Kennedy and the rushing touchdown were part of a 17-point fourth quarter that helped the Lions rally from a 17-3 deficit. Kennedy caught five passes for 55 yards and Columbia rolled up 420 yards total offense.
The win broke a four-game losing streak for Columbia (2-7, 1-5 Ivy League) but the Lions have won three in a row over Cornell in a series that began in 1889.
Jeff Matthews, who scored the first touchdown of the game on a 1-yard run, was 17 of 36 for 197 yards passing for Cornell ( 2-7, 1-5), which has lost two games in a row.
Head to Head - Week 11
- Coming Attractions: DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson’s November spark
- Nebraska receivers coach gets 30 days in jail for 3rd DUI
- Harbaugh adds Lempa as defensive analyst on Michigan staff
- Former Auburn coach eyes Alabama governor's mansion
- Boston College AD Brad Bates to step down
- Vandy swaps duties for assistant coach fighting liver cancer