South Dakota State tops Missouri State 31-10Saturday, Nov 6, 2010
BROOKINGS, S.D. (AP)—Thomas O’Brien threw for 204 yards and a touchdown to help South Dakota State beat Missouri State 31-10 on Saturday.
The Jackrabbits (4-5, 4-3 Missouri Valley) took the lead in the first half on scoring runs by Tyler Duffy and Kyle Minett and a 47-yard field goal by Peter Reifenrath.
The Bears (4-5, 3-3) tried to keep up with a touchdown run by Chris Douglas and a 42-yard field goal by Austin Witmer to make it 16-10 at halftime, but they would not score again.
South Dakota State extended its lead in the third quarter when O’Brien connected with Trevor Tiefenthaler for the TD and then found Alex Beyer for the 2-point conversion to make it 24-10.
Then in the fourth quarter Cole Brodie picked off a pass by the Bears’ Cody Kirby and ran it 55 yards for the score.
Kirby finished with 167 passing yards.
Head to Head - Week 10
- Video: Auburn's Eric Smith takes a knee in Dion Jordan's back
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls